Monday 28 April 2008

Tigers, football and a 20p suit


Saturday was good. It really was a great day. I did feel a bit down the night before, the youth cafe went well, until the end of the evening, when on doing an inspection, we found a large mirror broken in the mens changing room, another breakage. I do find I get knocked easy, when it comes to the yc, I take it personally. I commented to someone the other day, that the yc only happens because I turn up. I have been thinking about this, because the truth of the matter is, the yc only works, and everything I do only works, because God shows up. So I am sorry, for being a moaner, and thinking it is all me. Time to get positive, and Saturday helped.
First thing Saturday, we had a football tournament to go to, with our youngest boy. He is year 4, but was picked to play in the year 6 team, he is very good at football, but he seriously needs to work on his temper, and he he kept on going up to the goalie, when he let in a goal, to tell him how bad he was. He takes everything so personally. Anyway, it was good and a nice start to the day. I have to say that Mason's passion for things which he does is why he takes things personally and I think passion is great.
Beautiful day, the sun was out, we had some lunch and headed off to a jumble sale. It was packed, all these people, were scrambling over these clothes, it was like sales day at debenhams. So we had a bit of a look, and we were probably going to leave, because it was so busy, when I saw this suit, beautiful looking suit. My mother in law is getting married soon, so Tanya has been on about what am I gonna wear. Well we like a bargain, so I tried it on, perfect fit, so we asked how much. 20p said the lady, 20p, we said back, Tanya then asked the lady about another 4 times, how much the suit was, 20p was the answer, so I paid, and walked quickly away, feeling like I had just nicked something. A £200 suit, for 20p. That was why it was like a sale day, every item of clothing was 20p. We stayed a bit longer. Tanya got some bits.
Finally, Tigers. Tony Anthony, a man with an amazing testimony, if you have heard of the book 'Taming The Tiger', it is about him. He spoke locally on Saturday night. He was kung fu world champion 3 times, he grew up in China, a man who was brought very low, who has had an amazing life and has found Jesus. My son Morgan is a bit oriental obsessed, I thought he would love hearing this man speak. I arranged for some of the older youth to take him, so that I would not cramp his style, etc. Sure enough, this guy gave his testimony, at the end there was a call, up went Morgan. Woo hoo, yesterday, he said to his mum he wants to be baptised now. Brilliant eh. It was a good day, but Morgan responding to that call, just tops it all. Another step on our way as a family. Just makes me appreciate this time with them more, Thanks God. Lead on.

No comments: