Monday 21 April 2008

Stories of Faith and Fame

I went into Oxfam the other day and got a youth bible that I am able to give to someone if necessary at the youth cafe, I have some other books I have ordered and some magazines that I just want to put out, that if anyone wants to read they can, and if they walk out with them, good. I have a Manga bible and I want to get some hopextreme magazines, I just want there to be options, I don't want somebody with questions, walking away with nothing.

Another book I bought was 'Searcher for God' the story of Isobel Kuhn, it is from a series called 'stories of faith and fame', which has brought back some happy childhood memories for me, I remember books like this, I remember reading them, enjoting them and being inspired by them. They are a simple childs version of stories of some real faith driven people. I remember once visiting a church, where my Dad was speaking, and they had these books, they also had a childs version of 'the pilgrims progress' , I loved it. Happy memories. It is good to have happy memories, I can look back and see real adventures in my life and real times of faith, sometimes these can be overshadowed with sad memories.
I will not let the sad memories get me down, they are areas in my life which can be useful to others, not times to dwell on and be depressed about. I am walking forwards, not backwards.

Anyway, I have been on Amazon this morning to try and see if I can get some cheap 'stories of faith and fame', there are loads. woohoo.

No comments: